HAYS IRELAND BLOG

THOUGHTS ON THE WORLD OF WORK

Friday 19 September 2014

Paris to Nice: Wish us good luck!!




They say you only find adventure standing on the edge of your comfort zone, well here we are, teetering on the precipice, with my friends, Mike, AMT, Kelly and Arlene, about to push our boundaries. Over the last number of months we have amassed over 1500km each, we have climbed Mount Leinster, conquered Clifden and beaten everything Wicklow could throw at us. Are we ready for a 700km cycle over 6 days?

We've completed the training, not to the level we would have hoped but way more than we thought achievable when we set out in March on our first spin. I think we can all identify a point in time where we realised we had just achieved something we'd assumed impossible. Not quite record breaking feats but enough to engender a sense of pride.

These highs are accompanied by the inevitable lows. When the bike disappears from under you and terra firma smacks you hard or your energy drains to a level not conducive to completing another 50km. Your confidence is knocked and the ability to complete 700km through France seems like a fantasy. If I'm honest that's where I am. My last cycle left me with nothing in the tank. A day dozing on the couch and trying to replenish my stock of calories to get me through the evening was all I could manage.

So maybe the answer is, "I'm not sure...". However, there is a lot more to this journey than just us cyclists. In order to be eligible to cycle we needed to commit to raising €15,000. We couldn't do this on our own. Family and friends, "colleagues" has long since become friends, were going to be central to achieving our goal, and so it proved. The response to all our events was incredible, in days where demands on both finances and time are high, we were blown away by the efforts of all to help. The messages of support and donations from abroad are inspiring and it is clear we are not taking this journey alone. A huge thank you to Hays Ireland as well, who have supported us all immensely through-out this whole journey. They have been with us every step of the way and we are so grateful for that.

So with less than 24 hours before we take on this once in a life time challenge, it only remains to say thank you to everyone who has been there for us over the last few months, for giving of your time and money so that we can make a difference in the lives of the children that attend Barretstown. So, let's ask the question again. Are we ready? Of course we're ready, we havent come this far to give up now!

By Thursday 25th of September, we will have cycled 700km over six days to raise €15,000 for Barretstown. You can help by donating what you can here.

Philip Bourke 
Marketing Executive
Ireland

HAYS Recruiting experts worldwide 
16 Upper Fitzwilliam St Dublin 2
T: +353 1 619 0580
F: +353 1 670 4738 
E: philip.bourke@hays.com

LinkedIn   |   Twitter   |    Facebook   |     Blog

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments :

Blogger Unknown said:

Good Day !!

I am Hwa Jurong, a Reputable, Legitimate & an accredited money
Lender. I want to use this medium to inform you that i render reliable beneficiary
assistance as I'll be glad to offer you a loan at 2% interest rate to
reliable individuals.

Services Rendered include:

*Home Improvement
*Inventor Loans
*Car Loans
*Debt Consolidation Loan
*Line of Credit
*Second Loan
*Business Loans
*Personal Loans
*International Loans.

Please write back if interested.
Upon Response, you'll be mailed a Loan application form to fill. (No social
security and no credit check, 100% Guaranteed!) I Look forward permitting me to
be of service to you. You can contact me via e-mail:hwajurong382@yahoo.com hwajurong12@gmail.com
Yours Sincerely,

Hwa Jurong(MD).

3 August 2015 at 17:44  
Blogger Dr Purva Pius said:

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

15 July 2016 at 03:22  
Anonymous selim said:

steroid satın al
heets
Q2QW

29 May 2023 at 23:45  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Home